Dee Why Beach stretches for almost 2kms to Long Reef Point and is perfect if you’re looking for some community vibes! Dee Why is a great beach for families and lovely for picnics. It is fully equipped with an enclosed playground, picnic areas, BBQs, a huge grassy area and a rock pool.
The waves at the south end are usually quite flat, and it’s a great spot for the little ones to splash in the water or build a big sandcastle! Further along the beach are some surf breaks, although head up the very north end of Dee Why to Long Reef Beach, and you will be sure to catch some bombs!
You will find plenty of cafes and restaurants across the road and up the street, including the famous JB & Sons and Beach Burrito. Not only that, but Dee Why beach is also home to a big firework display on New Year’s Eve at 9pm every year!
PARKING: Paid council parking or free street parking
- Plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby such as JB & Sons and Beach Burrito
- Huge grassy area (Ted Jackson Reserve) stretching along the south end of the beach, perfect for picnics
- Dee Why to Curl Curl coastal walk
- Rockpool at the south end
- Concrete sidewalk, great for skateboarding or bike riding
- Child friendly
- Usually lots of seaweed
- Parking can be hard to find
- Often very busy, especially on weekends