There’s always that one day in the week that we all dread. I mean, who likes Mondays, anyway? I’ve had this thought on my mind recently, so I decided to take a walk along the beach and ask the Lord about it. In my last post, I wrote about my Sabbath – my favourite day of the week. It’s my favourite day because I do everything that I love on that one day. But what’s stopping me from also having a great Monday?
As I was walking along the beach, I realised something. If we don’t like what we’re doing – whether that be our work, our routine, etc., we have the permission to change it up! I think sometimes we get so caught up in our daily routines and the mundane tasks that we forget that it’s actually okay to make some changes and enjoy life! Take, for example, Mondays. What can we do to change our perspective and attitude towards Mondays? I’d rather look forward to Monday than dread it, so I began to think about what I could do. Your ‘Monday’ might be a different day of the week, but either way, the same concept applies.
“You have the permission to change it up!”
SO. Here are some tips I thought of – little things you & I can do to make Mondays great again.
Top Tips for mondays:
- Make Mondays your really great breakfast day. Treat yourself to your fav brekky on this morning, and start the day well.
- If you’re working from home, why not take your laptop with you and work from a cafe/the beach? Check out the Beach Search Engine to find the perfect beach/cafe for you!
- Have a weekly Monday diary date to get yourself organised for the week ahead – you’ll feel more on top of life. If you’re feeling a little stuck, here’s how I get organised.
- Celebrate Monday evening with your fav book. (My fav is ‘book club’ with my housemates….we set up my bedroom with blankets, pillows, a lamp & some candles and we all read our own books together).
- Spend the evening planning a future trip to your fav destination.
- Make a MONDAY music playlist – make sure its vibin’ and gets you in a good mood for work/school/uni.
I’d so love to hear what you’re going to do on your ‘Monday’ to make it a great day that you will look forward to! You have the permission to change your dreaded day into a wonderful day.