Newport Beach is located off Barrenjoey Rd and marks the start of the Northern Beaches Peninsula with the ocean to the East and Pittwater to the West. Newport is often hustling and bustling with community. The playground is a great attraction for young families, and the town centre is complete with cafes, restaurants, beach boutiques and grocery stores.
Newport Beach is also the backdrop of the famous teen surfing drama, “Blue Water High”.
PARKING: Paid council parking, 2-hour free council parking or free street parking at the southern end
SURFING: Yes (not consistent)
- Grassy area – great for picnics
- Picnic areas
- Local cafes, shops & Coles close by
- The playground is amazing for children
- If you’re looking for great waves to swim in or surf, Newport is usually pretty flat
- Watch out for hidden rocks underwater, particularly at the south end